I have been on the Instant Pot craze for a while. Then EVERYONE seemed to finally get it- finally get the awesomeness I was talking about. Even though I am a health and wellness consultant.. there is one thing I love- SUGAR. So I started the whole 30 plan of eating (I hate the word DIET). This way of eating is supposed to reset your cravings- hopefully 🙂
Today I was craving Beef Stew- bad. All the recipes I looked up for the instant pot were too involved. I am using an instant pot for a reason!!! (cause I am lazy lol). So I made up my own- easy, simple, and fast. Not to mention delicious and healthy!
Instant Pot Beef Stew- Whole 30 and Paleo compliant
2 ish pounds of stew meat or roast
3 tablespoons of olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil etc (whatever your preference)
1 teaspoon pink salt (or more depending on taste)
16 ounces Stewed Tomatoes
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
16 ounces broth or stock (chicken, beef or vegetable)
1 pound potatoes (cut in small pieces) *I did not skin these
1 pound carrots (cut in small pieces)
2 large onions (cut in small pieces)
1/2 cup of celery (cut in small pieces)
8 cloves of garlic (cut in small pieces)
1 teaspoon of rosemary
- Cut meat into bite size chunks and saute/brown meat in Instant pot in whatever oil you choose (olive, coconut etc).
- Salt meat while browning.
- After meat has browned- add stewed tomatoes, broth/stock, and paprika
- Set Instant pot to manual or cook for 15 minutes
- Release pressure
- Add in rest of ingredients
- Set Instant pot to manual/cook/or stew for 30 minutes
- Release pressure- let cool- add salt to taste.
DONE- that easy 🙂